back
castings
every product, regardless of its scale, has a key feature that is its foundation. such a feature, or rather a unique feature in linkmusic, was castings
castings were a strip of cards with names, descriptions, and fees. in addition, they implied the possibility of responding to them. all castings were created and published by agents, casting directors, productions, and agencies in need of talented performers
the problem
the functionality provided for creating castings and performer feedback was far from perfect. this was evidenced not only by the conclusions arising from the u-tests and depth tests, but also by the metrics
monthly tech support tickets, interviews, and falling conversions pointed to problems related to script complexity, lack of notifications, and low readability
and then?
first of all, we clustered the problems and their priority, conducted additional qualitative research and conducted a competitive analysis of sites with similar functionality
it was important not to delay the implementation of the solution, as activity rates were falling from week to week, so the formulation of the scope of work and decomposition of the task was carried out in parallel with data collection
most of the discussion focused on two topics:
• what we can improve;
• what we can offer
the answers to these questions were not long in coming. the improvements were to affect the stages of creating castings and responses to them, the processes of working with responses, as well as the search and filtering of content in the output
the proposals concerned monetization, or more precisely, paid promotion of castings from customers and feedback from performers. the hypothesis implied a significant increase in coverage and views by holding the first positions in the feeds
bulletin board
conclusions from research and earlier feedback from clients on verification of performers came down to one idea - implementation of aggregation of customers, performers, castings, services, goods, and even sites
previously, the company was already planning to move in this direction and was going to develop products independently under its own brand, which undoubtedly required a serious expenditure from the company as a marketplace
in turn, the new data helped to understand the audience, their desire to make, promote and sell their own content. so the bulletin board was born, which was to continue to expand to locations, jobs, courses, articles, and a database of performers
publication
creation and publication of castings took customers a large chunk of time, from 10 to 30 minutes, which absolutely did not suit them. endless forms and steps, lack of prompts and confusing scenarios, sometimes leading to a personal account after creating a casting, potentially affecting overall satisfaction with using the service
so we revised and prioritized all the fields and optimized the steps. in addition, we added cues based on frequently asked questions. the cues were supposed to greatly simplify the creation of casting and in the future to play an important role in gamification
as a result, in the split test, the form with prompts outperformed the casting creation conversion by a factor of 3 to 73.2% and reduced the session by a factor of 4.5 to 2 minutes
among other things, with the subsequent update of registration and merging of profiles, the creation of casting became available to everyone without prior authorization, not just customers
ribbon
the first experience users had when opening the service was interacting with the casting feed. the problems were clutter rankings, broken searches, and a curve in filtering
these problematic areas we addressed iteratively and in parallel with the you-tests. the update of the tape also affected the casting cards, their informativeness, by which the performer could estimate his chances of success at a glance
when implementing paid services, we relied on the services of other ad sites. when testing several hypotheses, the most successful ones were:
• one-time rise to the top (every third casting a day after publication);
• weekly anchoring in the top (every 7th casting on the day of publication)
responses
the detailed casting page was useful for performers, but more emphasis was placed on customers who had all the previously scattered functionality gathered in one place
so the feedback left by performers became more accessible and convenient for customers thanks to the merging of scenarios and simplification of profile cards
results
a few months after the release, we already had overall analytics on the upgrade. so the conversion rate to casting creation has increased 3-fold to 61.38%, and the bounce rate has dropped 8-fold to 3.1%
at the same time, the average duration of a session in the feed increased 1.5 times to 4.5 minutes, and the average number of responses per week increased 1.9 times from ~3600 to ~6800
another interesting thing we tracked was the conversion rate in responses, which doubled from 17.6% to 35.2%, and the conversion rate in the opening of the detailed casting page, which also doubled from 6.4% to 13.44%
solutions